Monday, April 4, 2011

Moving is Exhausting!

I'm tired! Every time I get a few minutes to write, I sit down to "rest my eyes". Next thing I know, I have couch marks on my face, a drool stain on my shirt and two hours have disappeared!

Planning a move is exhausting enough, but I'm not just planning a move - I'm coordinating a cross country pork-rolling team, plus a going-away extravaganza complete with visiting guest stars, my cousin Chris and her 5 year old, Emily.  No wonder I'm tired!

Team pork-roll's travel plans are nearing completion. Team members Anthony and Pat are scheduled to leave Jersey next Sunday, the 11th. They'll take 4 or 5 days to roll on out to L.A. In the meantime, Chris and Emily get here on the 9th and will keep me company for my final week in L.A. We'll hit the beach, Disneyland and be all touristy for a few days.  Chris leaves on Wednesday, Tony and Pat arrive on Thursday, but the family parade doesn't end there. Team pork-roll's final member, cousin Amy, flies in to L.A. on Saturday - just in time to start rolling.

The plan is to leave on Monday the 18th, first stop Vegas! We'll hit up a buffet, maybe play some slots, win a little extra gas money. We'll have to be sure not to enjoy ourselves too much because we've gotta hit the road early Tuesday morning.

Tuesday will take us through southern Utah, where we will appreciate the natural beauty of Bryce Canyon and Arches National Park from the car while burning rubber on the way to Colorado. Denver is the next stop where original High Street Gang member Heather and her fiance Charlie have generously offered to put Team Pork Roll up for the night.

We'll then be rolling through Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania before reaching the pork roll promise land. 

What are some things we should see and do while on the road? Any favorite road trip games?

Moving is exhausting, so please support team pork-roll any way you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment